Spathodea Campanulata, Fountain Tree - Plant
( 49 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: African tulip
Height: 80 ft
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: African tuliptree will survive in shade, but demands full sun for fast growth and best flowering.
Soil: This species loves rich soil, but puts up with just about anything with a little fertility to it, including limerock.
Water: These trees grow best with plenty of moisture, but will shed their leaves and endure drought.
Temprature: Top growth will be killed at 28-30ºF (-2.2 - -1.1ºC), but the roots may survive down to 22ºF (-5.6ºC) or below.
Fertilizer: Fertilize early in the plant s growing cycle - spring for summer plants, fall for winter plants.
- Spathodea campanulata has many medicinal uses both where it is native and introduced.
- Extracts of bark, leaves and flowers are used to treat malaria, HIV, diabetes mellitus, oedema, dysentery, constipation, gastrointestinal disorders, ulcers, skin diseases, wounds, fever, urethral inflammation, liver complaints and as a poison antidote.
- It may be effective as a malaria prophylactic and in the control of Aedes mosquitoes.
- African tuliptrees are grown for shade, color and tropical effects.
- The wood is difficult to burn, so the tree is also valuable for fire resistant landscaping.
- African tulip tree is planted as an ornamental, a wayside tree and shade tree.