Sorbus americana - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: American mountain ash
Bloom time: May
Height: 15.00 to 30.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Grow in moderately fertile, humus-rich soil. Tolerant of atmospheric pollution; ideal specimen tree in small garden, wild or woodland garden.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: temperature -40ºF
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- this tree require no pruning but if you want a multi-stemmed specimen then simply prune it to the height where you want the multiple stem to appear.
- These trees are absolutely rock solid and there is very little you will ever do which might kill them.
Lawn specimen or small shade tree for cool northern climates. It is not recommended for the St. Louis climate.
- It is also used as a blood purifier and appetite stimulant.
- An infusion is used (sometimes with the terminal buds added) in the treatment of colds, debility, diarrhoea etc[222, 257].
- When mixed with sweet flag (Acorus calamus) it is used as a tonic.
- A poultice of the burnt bark has been used in the treatment of boils.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a376 http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/trees/rowan-mountain-ash/rowan-mountain-ash-trees.asp http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Sorbus+americana