Plantago spp. - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Plantago major
Color: greenish or yellowish white,
Bloom time: Early summer,
Height: 4 to 16 inches.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Prune plant every spring and destroy all old or diseased plant material. Wear elbow-length gloves that are thick enough to protect your hands from thorns or a clumsy slip, but flexible enough to allow you to hold your tools. Always wear safety goggles; branches can whip back when released.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands.
- Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.
The inflorescence is an erect spike, 2-5 cm long, carried on a 10-17 cm long, leafless flowering stem. Plantago himalaica is closely related to Plantago major in the form of leaves, scapes and spikes etc., but is distinguished by having a stipitate calyx and comparatively smaller, usually stalkless, sometimes shortly stalked leaves. Himalayan Plantain is found at altitudes of 2900 m and above in the Himalayas, from Kashmir to Nepal
- Unverified information Leaves slightly bruised, are applied on wounds.
- Oil from the seeds is antimicrobial, for chronic diarrhoea and shigellosis, a bacillary dysentry.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.