Pinkroot - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Indian Pink, Maryland Pink, Pinkroot, Wormgrass
Bloom time: May and early June.
Height: 12 to 18 inches
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Prune plant every spring and destroy all old or diseased plant material. Wear elbow-length gloves that are thick enough to protect your hands from thorns or a clumsy slip, but flexible enough to allow you to hold your tools. Always wear safety goggles; branches can whip back when released.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 75° to 85°F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands.
- Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.
Flowers are 8-17 mm long, tube 6-15 mm long, lobes equal, triangular, 2-2.5 mm long, lilac to white, or tube white and lobes pale pink, with or without 5 pairs of reddish lines inside. Stamens are inserted just below the middle of the corolla tube, included; ovary superior, globose, glabrous, 2-celled, style slightly exserted.
- Unverified information Spigelia anthelmia combats intestinal worms.
- Both roots and leaves are anthelminthic.
- In the Americas Spigelia anthelmia is said to be one of the best vermifuges, and is renowned as a medicine against spasmodic and nervous attacks.
- Roots of Demerara pinkroot have acro narcotic qualities (capable of producing both narcotic and irritant effects).
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.