Parthenium hysterophorus - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Carrot Grass, Congress grass, Wild carrot weed
Bloom time: april
Height: 30-90 cm in height
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Parthenium hysterophorus is a species of flowering plant in the aster family, Asteraceae. It is native to the American tropics. Common names include Santa-Maria, Santa Maria feverfew, whitetop weed, famine weed, and congress weed. In India, it is locally known as carrot grass, congress grass or Gajar Ghans.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Parthenium hysterophorus is a species of flowering plant in the aster family, Asteraceae.
- It is native to the American tropics.
- Common names include Santa-Maria, Santa Maria feverfew, whitetop weed, famine weed, and congress weed.
- In India, it is locally known as carrot grass, congress grass or Gajar Ghans.
Each flower produces 4-5 black wedgeshaped seeds that are 2 mm long with thin white scales. It is considered a highly invasive weed. Its large and persistent soil seedbank, fast germination rate and ability to undergo dormancy make it well adapted to semi-arid environments. It also releases chemicals that inhibit the germination and growth of pasture grasses and other plants.
- Regular contact with the plant, usually over a prolonged period, produces allergenic dermatitis and asthma in humans.
- Parthenium hysterophorus used in many medicinal treatments of skin inflammation, rheumatic pain, diarrhoea, urinary tract infections, dysentery, malaria and neuralgia.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.