Parkinsonia Aculeata, Palo Verde - 0.5 Kg Seeds
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Note: We do not provide germination guarantee in forestry, ornamental seeds & medicinal seeds. Proper germination instruction and plant care conditions must be followed by customer for expected results.
Common name: Palo verde, Mexican palo verde, Parkinsonia, Jerusalem thorn, jelly bean tree and ratama in Spanish.
Height: Up to 25 ft (7.6 m) tall with a short trunk and a graceful, spreading, sometimes weeping, crown to 20 ft (6.1 m)
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: Well-drained soils of any type: sands, loams, clays, caliche, etc. Does well in disturbed soils and poor soils and tolerates salinity and occasional flooding.
Water: Water regularly to get your tree well-established, at least during its first year in your yard. After that, water during dry spells when we ve had no rainfall.
Fertilizer: Fertilize 3 times a year - spring, summer and fall - with a good quality granular fertilizer.
Jerusalem thorn is highly adapted to life in the desert. It has largely done away with leaves that lose water through evaporation and transpiration, producing its food instead within the photosynthetic tissue of the bark.
Native Americans harvested the seeds of Jerusalem thorn which they sun dried for storage and parched over dry heat before eating.
- A popular, fast-growing tree widely used as an ornamental and hedge plant in warm regions.
- The foliage and pods have been used as emergency forage for livestock, as well as by wildlife.
- Bees produce fragrant honey from the flowers.