Ostrya virginiana - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: eastern hop hornbeam
Color: Red-brown (male); light green (female)
Bloom time: April
Height: 25.00 to 40.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: temperature is 13° C (56° F).
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Leaves turn an undistinguished yellow in autumn and often drop early.
- Flowers are monoecious (reddish-brown male flowers and greenish female flowers appear in separate catkins on the same tree).
- good watering.
Lawn tree, street tree or woodland garden.
- The Hornbeam, however, is heavily used by beaver because it is common their habitat.
- It is also the larval host of several butterflies including the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, Striped hairstreak, Red-spotted Purple, and Tiger Swallow-tail.
- This tree is used in landscaping, particularly along boulevards.
- Its appeal is that it retains its coppery-tan leaves well into or through winter
for medicinal use