Ornithogalum ( Mix Colors ) - 4 bulbs
( 12 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Common name: Star-of-Bethlehem, Chincherinchee, Snake Flower, Prussian Asparagus.
Color: White, Orange
Bloom time: The Ornithogalum thyrsoides flowers from October to February, providing lasting blooms that grace gardens and landscapes with their pristine blooms during the hottest months.
Height: 4 to 24 inches (10—60 cm).
Difficulty level: Medium
Planting & Care
Full sunlight through to full shade. Good drainage. Rich soil. In the early spring supply a top dressing of manure. Provide frequent feeds with weak fertilizer. Divide frequently to maintain vigor. Deadhead before seed-set to prevent spreading.
Sunlight: Sunny and shady areas.
Water: Keep soil moist throughout the growing season.
Temprature: 60°F (16°C).
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer in every 2 months.
- It is fairly easy to look after Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum bethlehem) and Chinkerinchee (Ornithogalum thyrsoides) and similar species; they should be fertilized in April by mixing manure into the soil; they will also require a light fertilising until the end of the summer.
- Once established Ornithogalum may encroach, so weed as appropriate.
These plants are best propagated by splitting the bulbils from the main bulbs and planting these.
- Ornithogalum thyrsoides grows well in gardens and provides pretty bursts of white amongst the green foliage.
They are poisonous for horses and cattle, if consumed.