Nariyal, Coconut (Green, Grown through seeds) - Plant
( 166 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Height: 1.5 metres indoors.
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun.
Soil: Well-drained soil. The soil should be sandy-loamy and alkaline which is the beach/cayes environment.
Water: From May to September, the palm should be abundantly watered – however without drowning the plant. From October, the amount of water can be slightly reduced.
Temprature: Average temperature needs to be 75 degrees F minimum.
Fertilizer: Starting in spring, the coconut palm should be fertilized with liquid fertilizer.
- Do not mix concrete close to a palm tree or dump chemicals near the root system.
- Coconut palms are in the grass family and are very sensitive to harsh chemicals.
- Even in winter, the temperature as well as the humidity need to be rather high.
- If you spray water on both sides of the leaves with a common spray bottle or pump sprayer, the humidity in the room will increase.
- As most of us already know, the most common uses come from the edible fruits known as coconuts.
- Coconuts can be eaten either raw or cooked and they are rich in vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants.
- The white flesh of the fruit need to be separated from the outer hard shell and you may use a coconut scraper to grate the fruit or use a coconut meat removal knife to separate the flesh, after opening the shell.
- The freshly grated coconuts can be easily added to your recipes or you can store it in refrigerator for few days.
- Coconut milk is also very popular and it is widely used in many Asian cuisines, especially in South India, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
- It is usually used to thicken soups and stews and you can also use it as a substitute for milk.
- Coconut water is different from the coconut milk.
- When you break the hard shell of coconut to open it, the fruit has a mildly sweet water inside which is known for its extreme health benefits.
- This is wonderful natural drink and it is very popular during the summer season.