Millingtonia hortensis - Plant
( 46 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Indian Cork Tree
Bloom time: October to December.
Height: 18 and 25 metres
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
This fast growing tree flowers at night and sheds flowers early in the morning. The name Millingtonia comes from Thomas Millington, an English botanist, while hortensis means "grown in gardens". The tree is a favorite garden tree. It is also called the Cork Tree, as an inferior cork is processed from its corky bark.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Place plants in full sun in average, well-drained soil.
- Drainage is important; don t place where roots will sit in water.
- Leaves develop best flavor in full sun.
The tree is considered ornamental and the pleasant fragrance of the flowers renders it ideal as a garden tree. The wood is also used as timber and the bark is used as an inferior substitute for cork.
- Millingtonia hortensis Linn.
- is an important medicinal plant in southern Asia ranging from India, Burma, Thailand and South China.
- Commonly known as Cork tree.
- It is also called as Akash neem, Neem chameli.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use,