Mayapple, Ban kakri, Podophyllum Peltatum - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Podophyllum peltatum
Bloom time: April
Height: 1.00 to 1.50 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Mayapples can either be grown from Rhizomes or from seeds. If growing from Rhizomes bury them about 3 cm deep. The seeds should be fresh and sown into flats, under glass, in a shaded part of the garden in august or September
Seeds can take from one to six months to germinate. Once you see seedlings let them grow for a year; transplant to individual pots and allow the Mayapple to grow for a further year, then transplant into the garden in spring or autumn.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The ground that Podophyllum plants grow in should be mulched in spring (wood chips) and autumn (leaf mild) to protect the plant.
- As they like a moist soil they should be watered frequently.
- If you require more plants then they can be propagated by division once the plant has finished flowering.
Excellent for naturalizing in woodland settings, wild or native plant gardens. Because plants naturalize freely but go dormant in summer (foliage disappears), mayapple is not considered a good border plant.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.