Ilex verticillata - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: winterberry
Bloom time: june to july
Height: 3.00 to 12.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plant winterberry shrubs in full sun to promote vigorous fruit and flower production. Provide partial shade at midday in areas with hot, dry summers. Avoid deeply shaded areas since the shrubs will become leggy and produce fewer fruit.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: temperatures below -28°F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Prune the winterberry in early spring every few years to control its size.
- Cut back the entire shrub by one-third using bypass shears.
- Cut back each branch individually rather than cutting straight across the top, which will ruin the shrub s natural growth habit.
Year round interest, highlighted by the showy display of red berries in winter. Mass or group in shrub borders, foundations, native plant areas or bird gardens. Hedge. Excellent shrub for moist soils in low spots or along streams and ponds.
- Medicinal use of Winterberry: The bark is antiseptic, astringent, cathartic and tonic.
- A decoction is used internally in the treatment of diarrhoea, malaria etc, and externally in the treatment of indolent sores and chronic skin disease.
- The fruit is cathartic.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose