Gymnema Sylvestre, Bedki Cha Pala - Plant
( 391 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Asclepias geminata,
Bloom time: April - May.
Height: 3 inches
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Studies of gurmar are primarily from India. The focus of these studies is on certain compounds found in the herb, called gymnemic acids, which have been shown to decrease the absorption of sugar from the intestines. These compounds may also increase insulin levels in the body.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- One study using 400 mg of a water-soluble fraction of gurmar leaves for 18 to 20 months found that patients with diabetes were able to decrease their dose of prescription diabetes medication due to reduction in blood sugar.
- Five of the patients were able to discontinue use of conventional diabetic medicine entirely, and maintain their healthy blood glucose levels.
- One of the alternative medicines to both diabetes and obesity could be Gurmar plant preparation, as it known to have a good effect for curbing of diabetes by blocking sugar binding sites and hence not allowing the sugar molecules to accumulate in the body.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.