Greater Galangal, Blue Ginger, Thai Ginger - Plant
( 8 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Alpinia carnea
Color: yellowish white
Bloom time: Late Summer
Height: 4 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
It is also known as Siamese ginger and is commonly used in Southeast Asian cuisine, especially Thai. The name galangal is derived form the Chinese word for ginger. Botanically it is known as alpinia galanga. This tuber is known to have numerous medicinal and health benefits.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 90+ degre
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Dig a hole, then cover the rhizome with so soil.
- If you have excess galangal in the fridge, do not throw them away.
- You can grow them into exotic ginger plants with lovely foliage.
- If you like, you can harvest the rhizomes later for cooking.
- The galangal plant is imported in great quantities to Europe for its medicinal properties and culinary use.
- These include greater galangal, lesser galangal, sand ginger, and Chinese ginger.
- Parts Used: Galangal is a rhizome like ginger and has a pungent taste to it.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.