Gaillardia - Plant
( 8 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Blanket Flower.
Color: Orange, red and yellow.
Bloom time: Early summer to early fall.
Height: 24-30 inches.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Plant Gaillardia x grandiflora any time after frost. Dig a hole twice the diameter of the pot the plant is in. Carefully remove the plant from its container and place it in the hole so the top of the root ball is level with the soil surface. Carefully fill in around the root ball and firm the soil gently. Water thoroughly.
Sunlight: Full sun. They can handle some partial shade, particularly in hot climates, but they will get a bit floppy and will not flower as profusely.
Soil: Gaillardia is not particular about soil pH, but it does need a well-draining soil.
Water: Water well until they are not established. Once established, occasional watering should become a part of blanket flowers’ care.
Temprature: Gaillardia can be grown with temperatures of 65-70° F.
Fertilizer: Apply an all-purpose slow release fertilizer on the soil every couple of months.
- Gaillardia x grandiflora does not require deadheading to keep blooming, but the plants will look better and be fuller if you do cut the stems back, when the flowers start to fade.
- You will also get more continuous flowering with deadheading.
- Gaillardia are such long bloomers, they work equally well in borders and containers.
- The bold flowers blend especially well with soft textures, like thread-leaf Coreopsis and cosmos, as well as airy grasses.