Flying Duck Orchid - Plant
( 22 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Caleana major
Bloom time: july to august
Height: 50 centimetres (20 inches),
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The Caleana major orchid, native to the southern and eastern regions of Australia, is most commonly referred to as the flying duck orchid (for obvious reasons). It’s an itty bitty thing with flowers that measure just 1/2-3/4 of an inch in length.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 15-20 Celsius
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Deadhead to prolong flowering.
- Maintain moderate soil moisture and fertilize lightly.
- plant will die with the first frost.
At up to 50 centimeters in height, it’s definitely not the smallest flower in the world, but its red-and-purple coloring helps it blend so well in its wild surroundings that it becomes almost invisible.
- Like orchids, the Orchid is used in Chinese medicine and is .
- is most commonly referred to as the flying duck orchid (for obvious reasons).
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use