Cornus florida - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: flowering dogwood
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 15.00 to 30.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
In their natural habitat, dogwoods are understory trees, which are generally surrounded or protected by other larger trees. Therefore, when caring for dogwood trees, this should be considered carefully before placement in the landscape.
Locating these trees on the edge of wooded areas or in groups is oftentimes more suitable to their natural surroundings. They can also be used as a backdrop for azaleas or other spring-flowering shrubs.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Most dogwoods require supplemental water during summer and fall, especially during hot, dry spells.
- For care of flowering dogwood trees, regular watering once a week to a depth of 6 inches should suffice.
- However, adding a generous layer of mulch will help retain moisture, minimizing watering chores.
- Dogwood bark is best used as an ointment for ague, malaria (substitute for quinine), fever, pneumonia, colds, and similar complaints.
- Used for diarrhea.
- Externally, poulticed onto external ulcers and sores.
- Twigs used as chewing sticks, forerunners of the toothpick.
- It was sometimes used as a substitute when Peruvian bark could not be obtained.
- Cilantro is an attractive herb with lacy foliage and tiny flowers held in .
- Egypt, Greece and Rome for culinary uses, and is one of the oldest spices
- Popular as a specimen or small grouping on residential property around homes, near patios or in lawns.
- Also effective in woodland, bird or native plant gardens.
please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.