Clerodendrum Inerme (Koinal) - Plant
( 49 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Seaside clerodendrum, as its name suggests, grows well along the beach tolerating the salt spray of the ocean and the harsh rays of the sun.
Common name: Wild Jasmine, Sorcerers Bush, Seaside clerodendrum, Glory Bower, Indian privet.
Bloom time: All year round.
Height: 9-12 ft.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
This erect, sprawling or climbing shrub grows to heights of up to 6 metre. The stems are woody, and smooth. The opposite, simple leaves are ovate or elliptic, usually 3–10 cm long, 1–4 cm wide, the apex obtuse to shortly acuminate, the base more or less rounded.
The margins are entire, and the petiole is from 5 mm to 2 cm long. The leaves are green, smooth, with a slightly shiny upper surface.
Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade.
Soil: Well-drained soil.
Water: Draught tolerant. Allow the soil to dry between watering.
Temprature: Upto 40 degrees F.
Fertilizer: Application of nitrogenous fertilizers on growth.
- For making hedges, a large number of well-developed plants are required and, therefore, it is advisable to produce new plants through cuttings.
- Trimming the plant keeps the hedges in shape and also promotes production of new branches and leaves to fill up the gaps.
- As flowers are produced at the ends of branches, trimming robs the plant of its flowers.
- A wreath of the flowers may also be given to a person suffering from depression.
- The flowers are used to perfume coconut oil.
Parts of the plant are used in medicinal preparations; for example, Wulej is an ingredient in a baby bath preparation which is reckoned to prevent body odour in the baby in later life.
- Clerodendrum inerme is used in many places in landscaping, as a ground cover or a hedge plant, especially near the sea, as it tolerates the salt spray.
For medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physician before use.