Cleome - Plant
( 1 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Spider Flower, Rocky Mountain Beeplant, Stinking Clover
Color: Pink, purple, white, lavender.
Bloom time: Early summer until first frost.
Height: 3 to 6 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Plant in full sun, thinning or spacing individual plants to 1 foot apart. Plant where you won’t have to brush against the stems often since many varieties have thorns.
Sunlight: Full sun,part sun.
Soil: Cleome flowers thrive in average garden soil.
Water: You will only need to water cleome if you are undergoing a drought.
Temprature: Warm and the night time temperature is well above freezing before moving outside.
Fertilizer: Spider flowers are light feeders, and giving them too much nitrogen results in leggy plants. Cleome don’t usually require extra feeding so if you have fertile soil, no additional fertilizing will be needed.
- Plants not thinned properly and grown too close together will be shorter with smaller flowers and may be yellow due to lack of nitrogen from the competition.
- Keep seedlings well watered.
- Once established cleome is drought tolerant.
- Cleome have a strong propensity to self sow.
- It’s not unusual to see hundreds of baby cleomes growing in your garden the following spring.
- If you want to limit the amount of seed being sown, deadhead spent flowers before the seed-pods brown and mature.
- Cleome flowers are excellent candidates for the back of the flower border, where their lanky stems can hide behind other plants, but their festive flower clusters can sway in the breeze above other flowering annuals.
- Cleomes are also a good choice for growing in containers.
- choose a large container.
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/cleome/growing-cleomes.htm http://flowers.about.com/od/Annual-Flowers/p/Growing-The-Cleome-Flower-Spider-Flowers-Add-Height-To-The-Annual-Garden.htm http://gardeningwithcharlie.com/4897.html