Chicory - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Cichorium intybus
Bloom time: Flowers not showy
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Try to grow this plant/seed in early spring until summer for the period of one month following the final frost. 3. Expect the plant/seeds to sprout and separate seedlings to have them grown up over 8 inches apart. The sprouting time for Chicory growth is from 2 to 4 weeks.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Cover the roots with soil, water them in lightly, then add an additional 6-inches of sand.
- Put a cover on the pot (thick layers of newspaper are fine) and dig out the sprouts when they poke through the surface of the sand.
- Where winters are mild, the roots can be dug down into the garden soil, covered with sand and then covered with an inverted flower pot (make sure to put tape over the drainage holes to block out all light.
It will flower in its second year if left to grow and it is pretty enough for the flower boarder.
- The plant is tall 1m, and the flowers are numerous with a long season
- The ancient Egyptians ate large amounts of chicory because it was believed that the plant could purify the blood and liver, while others have relied on the herb for its power to cure "passions of the heart.
- " Chicory continues to be a popular herbal remedy due to its healing effects on several ailments.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
please consult appropriate doctor before use.
https://myfolia.com/plants/3693-chicory-cichorium-intybus http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a677 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Chicory+&stpos=0&stype=AND