Chamaelirium luteum - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: fairy wand
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 2.00 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
ivide fairy wand corms in the spring. Use short-handled pruning shears to reduce the foliage by half. Take care not to break the brittle, fleshy corms. Plant the corms 2 to 3 inches deep in fertile, moist but well-draining loam in a sunny location.
Loam is soil that contains equal portions of sand, silt and clay. If the loam has more heavy clay or light sand, mix in well-rotted organic matter. The plants need sun to bloom. Planted from division, fairy wands will yield flowers in one to two years.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 70 °F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Sow seeds in well-draining potting mix in the early spring in a sunny location.
- Cover lightly with the potting mix and keep moist.
- Most fairy wand species need to be planted in the sun to bloom.
- They take three to five years to bloom when planted from seeds.
Water well during dry periods in summer and apply a general purpose fertilizer in the spring.
- A general purpose fertilizer has equal amounts by weight of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
Group or mass in woodland and/or wildflower gardens. Also appropriate for native plant gardens, cottage gardens or borders. Will naturalize in optimum growing conditions.
- Western herbal medicine, it has been used to treat pregnancy.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems.