Brachycome Mix Colors - Seeds
( 6 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
The plant is a pretty companion verbena and coreopsis. The feathery foliage forms an interesting contrast when used with broad leaf plants such as morning glory. Its tidy, mounding growth habit is welcome toward the front of the border or as an edging.
Brachycome is a good choice for filling in around tall, leggy plants and carpeting bare spots. In a container or window box, brachycome sends its short, sprawling stems cascading over the rim and showering flowers over the sides. They are especially effective as mass plantings, draping over retaining walls, in pots, hanging baskets and as borders. With minimal care this species is a prolific flowerer and is a beautiful addition to any garden.
Common name: Little Missy, Australian Daisies
Color: Pink, Bright Yellow, Blue-Violet, Violet/Lavender, White/Near White
Bloom time: June, July, August, September
Height: 25cm (10"
Difficulty level: Medium
Planting & Care
Water regularly until Brachyscome plants are fully established. Deadhead faded Brachyscome flowers throughout the summer to encourage more blooms to be produced.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: Well drained soil
Water: verage Water Needs, Water regularly and do not overwater
Temprature: 18 to 21°C (65 to 70°F)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
- Sow seed on the surface of lightly firmed, moist seed compost in pots or trays.
- Lightly cover seed with a sprinkling of compost or vermiculite.
- Do not exclude light as this helps germination.
- Keep the surface of the compost moist but not waterlogged.
- Seal in a polythene bag or place in a propagator or warm place, and keep at a temperature of between 18 to 21°C (65-70°F).
- Germination usually takes 14 to 21 days.
- When seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant and grow on in cooler conditions.
- Pinch out growing tips to encourage a bushy habit.
- Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for 10 to 15 days before planting out after all risk of frost, 23 to 30cm (9 to 12in) apart in full sun in ordinary well drained soil.
- For summer flowering pot plants, baskets and containers transplant the seedlings into 7.
- 5cm (3in) pots, grow cool, well ventilated and water freely, plant up the baskets in May and harden off well before hanging outside.
- The main requirements for success with Brachycome are full sun and good drainage, although they will stand some dappled shade.
- Poor or sandy soils do not inhibit a showy display, the species is hardy and adaptable.
- Keep plants well watered, particularly in summer.
- They can be trimmed after a flush of flowers to keep more flowers coming.
It is one of the most profuse and long-flowering annuals, each plant often producing well over 100 blue to purple flowers.
- Path edging, beds or groundcover.
- Walls, containers & hanging baskets.