Acacia Concinna, Shikakai - Plant
( 8 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Shikakai
Bloom time: Flowering and fruiting occurs between the months of October to January.
Height: The tree grows upto a height of 12 meters.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Land should be well plough before planting. Keep proper distance between beds in the field.
Sunlight: Full sun.
Soil: The plants can be grown in moderately fertile. It can also cultivate in neutral to acidic soil.
Water: Plants requires plenty of water.
Temprature: Minimum 18 degrees C.
Fertilizer: FYM should be incorporated in soil at the time of land preparation.
- If there is no rainfall, then regular watering is required at regular intervals.
- Watering should be given after 15 days of plantation.
- An infusion of the leaves is used in malarial fever.
- A decoction of the pods relieves biliousness and acts as a purgative.
- It is used to remove dandruff.
- An ointment, prepared from the ground pods, is good for skin diseases.
- The pods are reported to be used in north Bengal for poisoning fish.
- The shikakai fruits are having good market, which will fetch good prices, these dried fruits are used to manufacture in herbal products and shampoo.