Abelmoschus moschatus - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
The flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs) and are pollinated by Insects.Suitable for: light (sandy), medium (loamy) and heavy (clay) soils and prefers well-drained soil. Suitable pH: acid, neutral and basic (alkaline) soils. It cannot grow in the shade. It prefers moist soil.
Common name: Okra,Abelmosk,Ambrette seeds,Annual hibiscus,Bamia Moschata,Galu Gasturi
Color: pink, orange-red and red often with white centers.
Bloom time: June to frost
Height: 1.50 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Easily grown in moist, moderately fertile, well-drained soils in full sun. Best flowering is in full sun. Thrives in hot summer climates. Start seed indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost date or purchase nursery plants. When grown from seed, flowers usually don’t appear until approximately 3 months after sowing.
Set out plants after last frost date. Seed may be harvested from garden plants for planting the following year.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soils in full sun
Temprature: 24 - 24°c
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Seed sow April in a greenhouse.
- The seed germinates best at a temperature around 24 - 24°c.
- When large enough to handle, prick out the seedlings into individual pots of rich soil and plant them out after the last expected frosts[K].
- The seed can also be sown in situ in late April in areas with warm summers.
- Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July in a frame.
It is used as a food flavouring and in perfumery as a musk substitute
- An emulsion made from the seed is antispasmodic and is especially effective in the digestive system[4, 238].
- The seeds are also chewed as a nervine, stomachic and to sweeten the breath.
- They are also said to be aphrodisiac[4, 238].
- The seeds are valued medicinally for their diuretic, demulcent and stomachic properties.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.