Vinca (Light Pink) - Plant
( 213 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Vinca plants are subshrubs or herbaceous, and have slender trailing stems 1–2 m (3–6 feet) long but not growing more than 20–70 cm (8-30 inches) above ground; the stems frequently take root where they touch the ground, enabling the plant to spread widely. The leaves are opposite, simple broad lanceolate to ovate, 1–9 cm (0.25–3.5 inches) long and 0.5–6 cm (0.25–2.25 inches) broad; they are evergreen in four species, but deciduous in the herbaceous V. herbacea, which dies back to the root system in winter.
The flowers, produced through most of the year, are salverform (like those of Phlox), simple, 2.5–7 cm (1–3 inches) broad, with five usually violet (occasionally white) petals joined together at the base to form a tube. The fruit consists of a pair of divergent follicles; a dry fruit which is dehiscent along one rupture site in order to release seeds.
Annual vinca plants are of the genus Cartharanthus, a member of the Apocynaceae family. This is a case where paying attention to the Latin name is helpful: you must distinguish the annual vinca flower from the perennial vinca minor vine, which forms a dense mat and can be invasive.
Common name: Madagascar periwinkle,Myrtle
Color: Plant carry Pink,light pink, red.
Bloom time: Early summer until first frost
Height: 8 to 18 inches tall, spreading one to two feet
Difficulty level: It s easy to grow
Planting & Care
Vinca is commonly used for borders, edging, and ground cover or bedding plants.
Sunlight: Full sun is best, although some afternoon shade is fine
Soil: Any Time of soil use
Water: Water the vinca only when the surrounding soil becomes completely dry. Give the plants water only during the morning to allow time for drops of moisture to dry before nightfall.
Temprature: Temperature of 75 degrees
Fertilizer: Fertilize the plants once a month with a 10-10-10 nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium water-soluble fertilizer.
- The periwinkle plant grows best in a partially shaded area in acidic soil; Provide high light levels, a southern window for example, to avoid "stretched" or leggy plants.
- Vinca are seldom bothered by insects and disease.
- Fungus problems can occur in humid or wet weather.
- If insect or disease problems occur, treat early with organic or chemical insect repellents and fungicide.
The low care nature of vinca plants helps them succeed in window boxes and other garden containers.
- Lowering blood pressure, Lowering sugar levels for diabetics,Treatment for coughs, colds, sore throats,Treating eye and lung infections.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physician before use.