Shorea Robusta, Sal, Shala, Jayanti - Plant
( 54 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Shorea robusta
Color: light yellow
Bloom time: April-May.
Height: 30 to 35 m
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
In wetter areas, it is evergreen; in drier areas, it is dry-season deciduous, shedding most of the leaves in between February to April, leafing out again in April and May. The sal flowers, whitish in color, appear in early summer. These are borne in raceme-like panicles in leaf axils, covered with white pubescence.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 22–27 °C (72–81 °F)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- In Buddhist tradition, it is said that Guatama Buddha was born under the branches of this tree while his mother was en route to birth him in his grandfather s kingdom.
- Sal is one of the most important sources of hardwood timber in India, with hard, coarse-grained wood that is light in colour when freshly cut, and becoming dark brown with exposure.
- Shorea robusta (Sal), an important traditional Indian medicinal plant used in various ailments and rituals and the indigenous use of the resin of this plant as a medicament for treatment of various inflammatory conditions is well documented in literature.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.