Rosella - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: asam balanda, bissap, edible hibiscus, flor de jamaica, grosella, karkade, lumanda, luo shen hua, meshta, omutete, paya, queensland jam plant, rajeab, rosela, roselle, saril, sorrel, susur.
Color: Crimson, Pale pink and Antique white
Height: It grows to a mature height of 6.50 feet (2.00 metres)
Difficulty level: Easy to medium
Planting & Care
Sow seeds in early September- tropical areas or the onset of warm weather in other regions. Rosellas need a very warm soil, 25 degrees Celsius or over, to germinate. In cooler climates you will need to start the seeds indoors under glass, by using a bottom-heat propagating unit, or the top of a water heater.
Rosellas need at least 5 months of frost-free conditions to bear fruit. To produce an abundant crop, three to five plants is all that is needed. These are usually grown from seed but can also be propagated from cuttings, but the yield will suffer from this. Leave approximately one square metre of growing space for each plant.
Sunlight: The ideal growing condition for rosella is warm and ample of sunlight.
Soil: Chalky, loamy and peat-rich soil with a pH of 7.6 - 9.0 - it grows best in weakly alkaline soil.
Water: Water is needed to maintain growth, flowering and fruit development.
Temprature: preferably over 25°C
Fertilizer: Fed it with liquid fertiliser once every 3 weeks. Stop fertilising once it starts to bear fruit buds.
- Mealy bug and aphids may be your only adversaries with growing rosellas.
- If you have provided a balanced, regular fertiliser program along the way then these pests will probably not present themselves.
- The large flowers produce a crimson enlarged calyx.
- Use the fleshy red calyx, without the green seed pod to make jam or jelly.
- Hedge: Rosella is an attractive annual hedge or windbreak for the summer garden.
http://greenharvest.com.au/SeedOrganic/VegetableGrowingInformation/RosellaGrowingInformation.html https://myfolia.com/plants/956-roselle-hibiscus-sabdariffa http://www.growingvegetables.co/rosella-hibiscus-subdantta/