Rhus glabra - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: smooth sumac
Bloom time: June
Height: 9.00 to 15.00 feet 9.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Harvest seeds from sumac fruiting clusters in autumn when they are dark brown and dry. Boil water in a pot, then remove the pot from the stove and toss in the seeds. Leave them in the cooling water for 24 hours to remove germination inhibitors.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 68 degrees
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Drain and dry seeds on a paper towel.
- Place them in the refrigerator for 30 days at a temperature of about 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
Plant sumac seeds directly outside in autumn.
- Select a spot in sun or partial sun with well-draining soil.
- Plant each seed at a depth of 1/3 to 3/4 inches, about 8 inches apart.
- Water well after planting.
- Sumacs will grow in any soil, including dry wastelands.
Best when massed for stabilizing embankments or for hard-to-cover areas with poorer soils or for naturalizing in wild areas.
- Sumac berries can be a tasty, therapeutic treat if you know how to use them
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
No serious insect or disease problems.