Pongamia Pinnata, Karanj - Plant
( 44 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Karanja
Color: purple, pink, and white
Height: 8 meters
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Full sun.
Soil: Can grow on most soil types ranging from stony to sandy to clay.
Water: Draught taulerant
Temprature: Maximum temperature ranges from 27 to 38oC and the minimum 1 to16oC.
- A thick yellow-orange to brown oil is extracted from seeds.
- Yields of 25% of volume are possible using a mechanical expeller.
- However, for village crushers average yield is 20%.
- The oil has a bitter taste and a disagreeable aroma, thus it is not considered edible.
- In India, the oil is used as a fuel for cooking and lamps.
- The oil is also used as a lubricant, water-paint binder, pesticide, and in soap making and tanning industries.
- Ornamental shade tree.