Polyathia Longifolia, Ashok Tree - Plant
( 124 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Ashoka Tree
Color: Young flowers are yellow that later acquire hues of orange and then ultimately become crimson with the passage of time.
Bloom time: February to May.
Height: 30 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Here is one tree you can plant very close to the house - 3 feet out - provided it won t eventually grow into easements and gutters. When planting in rows to form a hedge, allow 4 or 5 feet between each tree. As a specimen you can plant 3 or 4 feet away from the nearest shrub.
Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade.
Soil: well-drained and organic soil.
Fertilizer: Fertilize 3 times a year - in spring, summer, and autumn - with a top quality granular fertilizer.
- Ashoka tree has many medicinal uses.
- The bark is used in traditional medicines to cure a number of gynaecological problems.
- The pulp of flowers is used as a remedy for dysentery.
- Landscape uses for Ashoka tree
lining a stately driveway beside a tall house privacy screen
noise pollution screen