Podocarpus - Plant
( 3 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Height: They can grow to be 50 feet (15.2 meters) tall with a spread of up to 25 feet (7.6 meters).
Difficulty level: easy.
Planting & Care
You can plant podocarpus from seeds or from cuttings. While hardwood cuttings take root easily, podocarpus seeds can take up to six months to germinate. Soaking the seeds in saturated salt water for two days before planting them will improve the germination rate.
Sunlight: Sunny, or partially sunny spot.
Soil: Fertile, well-drained soil.
Water: Wait for the water to drain down through the soil completely.
Temprature: Prefers temperatures between 61 and 68 degrees Fahrenheit (16.1 and 20 degrees Celsius).
Fertilizer: These plants need additional iron and magnesium; iron is partially supplied by the Miracid. In addition, apply a dose of chelated iron twice yearly. To prevent magnesium deficiency, use 2-3 applications of Epsom Salts.
- Pruning is necessary to get the side branches to grow.
- Pinch back new growth as necessary, and remove oversized needles.
- If a plant with bushier appearance is required, cut back all side branches by half.
- New growth will readily develop.
- Some form of light staking is advisable for the main stems of a potted plant.
- This plant makes a good hedge or screen, and can grow either indoors or outdoors.