Mehndi, Mehandi - Plant
The pack contains 5 bulbs each of
- Gladiolus bulbs
- Rajanigandha bulbs
- Zephyranthes bulbs
*Offer valid till stock last.
*Use coupon : NLGRZB
Myrtus, with the common name myrtle, is a genus of flowering plants in the family Myrtaceae, described by Linnaeus in 1753.
Common name: Lawsonia inermis, Mehendi
Color: Green leacves
Bloom time: May to July
Height: 4.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Henna (lawsonia inermis) is a perennial tropical plant prized for its beautiful clusters of fragrant red, yellow, pink, or white flowers and leaves that can be crushed to create hair, fabric, and skin dye. In the United States, henna (also commonly known as Mehndi) can be grown outdoors in zones 9b-11. It also can be grown as a houseplant anywhere with plenty of sunlight and warmth.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Transfer your potted henna plant indoors in winter if you don’t live in garden zones 9b-11. Exposure to cold can damage or kill your plant.
- Treat pests. If your henna plant develops aphids, spray it with a water-soap solution to kill the insects. If your plant develops scale, visit a reputable garden center that can recommend a suitable insecticide that will kill the scale without damaging your henna plant.
- If your plant develops aphids or scale, trim the affected stems and leaves and discard them in right away.
- Fertilize your plant. To maximize flower and leaf growth, fertilize your plant. Always use fertilizers at the recommended dilution strength or less. Never apply more fertilizer than is recommended, especially to seedlings and young plants.
- Ideally, fertilize established perennials once, in spring, when you notice new growth beginning to emerge. Overfertilizing can burn or kill plants.
Henna grows as a perennial and is a non-edible flower / herb. Being a perennial plant, it tends to grow best over several years (approx 3 years and greater).
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.