Mahuang - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Ephedra
Bloom time: May-June
Height: 25 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Ephedra should be planted in dry locations. It thrives in ordinary loamy soil and does very well in a loose rocky soil with full sun and little water. It is most often propagated by division of the clumps in spring, and seeds sown in a light sandy soil in early spring. It may also be propagated by layers and suckers.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 68 degrees F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
Fruit is ovoid 7-10 mm, with fleshy red succulent bracts enclosing the seeds. Goats and yaks feed on the branches during winter. Gerard Jointfir is found on stony slopes, gravel terraces and drier places in the Himalayas.
- Unverified information Ephedra gerardiana has very likely been used in India since the Vedic period as a soma substitute.
- There came a time when the Aryans were no longer able to find the original psychoactive plant known as soma, perhaps because the identity of that plant was kept so secret or perhaps because it had been lost, and so it was that many people took to preparing the sacred soma beverage with substitute plants, one of which was E.
This is how the plant received the name somalata, ‘plant of the moon’.
- The effects of E.
- gerardiana are more stimulating than visionary, however, indicating that this plant is not the original soma of the Vedas.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.