Kagji Nimboo, Lemon - 0.5 Kg Seeds
( 5 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Many miniature lemon trees grow to 12 feet tall, but are kept smaller with pruning. Taking care of a miniature lemon tree provides the grower with full-sized juicy lemons.
Common name: Nimboo
Height: 11 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Growing a lemon tree isn’t that difficult. As long as you provide their basic needs, growing lemons can be a very rewarding experience. Lemon trees can be placed outdoors during warm periods, which is also recommended in order to increase their chances of bearing fruit.
When you grow a lemon tree indoors, bees and other insects are unable to pollinate them. Therefore, you should place them outdoors during summer unless you want to complete this task yourself.
Sunlight: Minimum 5-6 hours of sun everyday.
Soil: Citrus orchards flourish well in light soils with good drainage properties. Deep soils with pH range of 5.5 to 7.5 are considered ideal.
Water: Water the miniature lemon tree when the soil is dry to the depth of 6 inches. Pour room temperature water into the top of the planter until it runs out the bottom. During hot dry summer weather, the lemon tree may need watering every day. Reduce the frequency of watering during the cool months of winter.
Temprature: Citrus fruits grow best between a temperature range of 13 degree C to 37 degree C.
Fertilizer: Fertilizing this citrus plant can be broken into three doses by dividing the recommended dose and feeding in spring, early summer and late summer.
- Apply a good level of mulch around your tree but keep the mulch 5-7cm (2-3") away from the base.
- Mulch will hold moisture but will encourage rot if allowed to touch the tree trunk.
- Cut off any new shoots appearing from below the graft with pruners.
- Remove thorns from the branches by snapping them off with pruning shears.
- Trim the branches back for shape and size control in the early spring.
- Pick large garden pests off by hands.
- Wipe mealy bugs off the leaves using a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.
- Control smaller pests like aphids with insecticidal soap.
- There is a belief in Ayurvedic medicine that a cup of hot water with lemon juice in it every morning tonifies and purifies the liver.
- The oval fruit is famous is used widely for its juice.
- The pulp and rind are also used, primarily in cooking and baking.
- Lemon juice is acidic in nature and makes it a cheap, readily available acid for use in educational science experiments.
- Lemon juice, rind, and zest are used in a wide variety of food and drink.
- It is used to make lemonade, soft drinks, and cocktails.