Furcraea Gigantea - Plant
( 5 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Furcraea, Giant False Agave.
Bloom time: Summer
Height: Up to 6 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Does well in containers as well as the ground. Plant can grow up to 250 cms across and 250 cms tall. - Better the soil - more the growth. Plants can grow in small containers and poor soil. You will get what you give! - Can be planted singly, in groups or rows. - Look good when left un-pruned or with the bottom leaves cut off. See photograph above of three plants whose bottom leaves have been trimmed.
Sunlight: Sun, Part Shade
Soil: Average, Well-Drained, Rich
Water: Low, Drought Tolerant
Temprature: Can survive temperatures as low as -7 to -4 °C.
Fertilizer: Furcraea will take either a controlled-release fertilizer at the beginning of the season or weekly fertilization with a weak liquid solution. Mature Furcraea need a 20-20-20 fertilizer at ¼ strength, while younger ones need one with less nitrogen.
- Growing F.
- foetida is as simple a matter as keeping its soil drained and making sure it receives an adequate amount of sunlight.
- These plants are drought-resistant and need to be watered only infrequently—in the wild, they often grow on rocks or cliffs—and they prefer full sun.
- If you’re growing them in pots rather than your garden, make sure the soil stays fairly dry and repot if necessary.
- Because these grow fairly large, make sure to use a big enough pot to support its root system—the Furcraea foetida’s roots can extend three to four feet outward.
- When repotting, make sure the soil is dry first, then remove the plant gently from its pot.
- Knock away old soil and any dead roots before repotting the plant and filling it with potting soil, making sure to keep its roots widely spread.
- After repotting, give the F.
- foetida about a week before watering again, to avoid rotting its roots.
- Good for Hedges and Borders Suitable for road median planting Suitable for avenue planting Salt or salinity tolerant Good on seaside
http://www.indiaplants.com/plant-details.php?x=WAHjNUc3YeE= http://plantlust.com/plants/furcraea-gigantea-variegata/ http://houseplants.about.com/od/indoor-plants/fl/Furcraea-foetidamdashGrowing-Mauritius-Hemp.htm