Figwort - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Scrophularia marilandica
Color: Blue and white
Bloom time: July to September
Height: 5.00 to 10.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
It is hardy to zone (UK) 7 and is not frost tender. It is in flower from Jun to September, and the seeds ripen from Jul to September. The flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs) and are pollinated by Bees, wasps.Suitable for: light (sandy), medium (loamy) and heavy (clay) soils. Suitable pH: acid, neutral and basic (alkaline) soils.
It can grow in semi-shade (light woodland) or no shade. It prefers moist soil.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 55-65 degrees Fahrenheit.
Fertilizer: apply any organic fertilizer
- Grow in moist, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade.
- Best in part shade.
- Thrives in sandy loams.
The leaves have toothed, triangular or lance-shaped blades up to 13 centimeters long which are borne on stalks measuring up to 10 centimeters in length.
- Knotted figwort is a plant that supports detoxification of the body and it may be used as a treatment for various kinds of skin disorders.
- The whole plant is alterative, anodyne, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, mildly purgative and stimulant
- Dappled shade of woodland gardens.
Scrophularia desertorum, a dicot, is a perennial herb that is native to California and is also found outside of California, but is confined to western North America.
http://www.desertusa.com/flowers/Desert-Figwort.html http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Scrophularia+nodosa http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?taxonid=287073&isprofile=0&