Eupatorium perfoliatum - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: American boneset
Bloom time: July to September
Height: 4.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The leaves growing together around the stem lead to a past superstition that wrapping the leaves in bandages around splints would help mend broken bones. Boneset also had other medical uses, and was a very common remedy in the United States in the 19th century.The common name boneset apparently derives from the plant s historical use in treating dengue fever (which is also known as breakbone)
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Temprature: 70 - 85 degrees F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Though some authorities claim the name boneset refers to a former use of the plant to aid the healing process for broken bones, others claim that the name is in reference to the plant s use as a diaphoretic in the treatment of an 18th century influenza called break bone fever.
- All parts of the plant are quite toxic and bitter.
- Also commonly called thoroughwort.
Good size and late bloom for borders, native plant gardens, wildflower gardens, cottage gardens, woodland gardens or banks of ponds or water gardens.
- Eupatorium perfoliatum was used in the traditional medicine of Native Americans and extracts are now used in herbal medicine for fever and colds.
- The effects of Eupatorium perfoliatum have not been confirmed by clinical study.
- However, animal studies and in vitro experiments with plant extracts indicate possible anti-inflammatory effects and activity against Plasmodium falciparum, the parasite that causes malaria.
- Also used in homeopathy.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use