Drumstick, Moringa Oleifera - 0.5 Kg Seeds
( 239 times booked in last 90 days )
( 20% guaranteed cashback )
Check detail here >>
It is a fast-growing, drought-resistant tree that is native to the southern foothills of the Himalayas in northwestern India, but widely cultivated in tropical and sub-tropical areas.
The tree itself is rather slender, with drooping branches that grow to approximately 10m in height. In cultivation, it is often cut back annually to 1–2 meters and allowed to regrow so the pods and leaves remain within arm s reach.
In developing countries, moringa has potential to improve nutrition, boost food security, foster rural development, and support sustainable landcare. It may be used as forage for livestock, a micronutrient liquid, a natural anthelmintic and possible adjuvant.
For edible landscaping, a Moringa tree is hard to beat. This versatile tree can be grown year round in any tropical climate, and successfully grown as an annual, in temperate zones.Fast-growing, nutritious, and lovely to behold, Moringa is gaining in popularity daily.
Common name: Arango, Árbol de las Perlas, Behen, Ben Ailé, Ben Nut Tree, Ben Oléifère, Benzolive, Canéficier de l’Inde, Chinto Borrego, Clarifier Tree, Drumstick Tree, Horseradish Tree, Indian Horseradish, Jacinto, Kelor Tree, Malunggay, Marango.
Height: 10–12 m (32–40 ft) and the trunk can reach a diameter of 45 cm (1.5 ft).
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
The Moringa plant is a fast-growing, drought resistant tree that can reach up to 3 meters in its first year. The Moringa tree is very easy to grow. Simply plant seeds or cuttings in a sunny spot. The moringa tree is a plant that grows mainly in semiarid, subtropical areas.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: It tolerates a wide range of soil conditions, but prefers a neutral to slightly acidic (pH. 6.3-7.0), well-drained sandy or loamy soil.
Water: Minimum annual rainfall requirements are estimated at 250 mm with maximum at over 3,000 mm, but in waterlogged soil the roots have a tendency to rot.
Temprature: 25-35 degrees Celsius
Fertilizer: Moringa trees will generally grow well without adding very much fertilizer. Manure or compost can be mixed with the soil used to fill the planting pits. Phosphorus can be added to encourage root development and nitrogen will encourage leaf canopy growth. In some parts of India, 15cm-deep ring trenches are dug about 10cm from the trees during the rainy season and filled with green leaves, manure and ash. These trenches are then covered with soil.
- Urinary problems ,to reduce inflammation, earaches, Dental caries, as a cardiac stimulant in asthma, Cough, Scurvy, Wounds and eye diseases
Intermittent fevers, epilepsy, hysteria, palsy, chronic rheumatism, gout, dropsy, dyspepsia and enlargement of the liver, Paralysis.
- The soft pods of the drumsticks are utilized broadly within the preparation – “sambhar”, that is extremely popular in South India.
- However, there are certainly other distinctive recipes, a typical one being adding it within your soup, including a typical Asian flavour to it.
- A number of the culinary uses of drumsticks are:
They are extremely delicious, and boost your urge for food.
Sometimes, they’re cut longitudinally into fine strips, and also cooked along with spicy gravy as well as chilly.
If you’re out for the formal meal, drumsticks might be served by breaking it open, and you’ve got to consume the inner soft pods with the aid of your spoon.
- It’s really a delicacy.
Throughout your family dinners, your teeth can certainly do the work of the spoon, since you don’t need to be so formal.
- Usually the pods are consumed, whilst the outer skin is discarded.
Drumsticks can also be used just for garnishing, simply by chopping them into tiny pieces.
The soft sensitive green pods are occasionally also utilized in various other preparations, even with meat.
Appetizing, whenever cut peeled and into finger lengths as well as cooked in spicy gravy.
At a formal meal, the shell of the piece of drumstick is split open along with spoon and fork, and the spoon utilized to scrape out the tasty interior with its entire scrumptious flavor.
- During family meals the preferred technique is to get the section of drumstick using the fingers as well as scrape away the soft center using the teeth.
- The woody exterior is additionally chewed to extract flavor and after that discarded to the side of the plate.
Sambhar created using lentils as well as veggies is regarded as the loved side dish for rice or dosas or even idli’s in southern India.
- Sliced, young green pods may be used in tasty as well as meat dishes.
Though many wish to stick to its use within curries, sambhar, kormas, and dals, it’s a big surprise veggie, which also tends to make tasty cutlets, etc.
Tender drumstick, perfectly chopped, makes an outstanding garnish for just about any veggies, dals, sambhar, salads, etc.
- If the pulp needs to be scraped out after cooking the sticks, then keep the pieces so long as 4-5 inches long.
Also don’t scrape the skin just before boiling.
- This will assist to hold and scrape them easier along with lesser mess.