Dahlia ( Mix Color ) - 4 Bulbs
( 77 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Dahlias make excellent cut flowers, which will typically last about a week in the house.
Common name: dahlia
Color: Dahlia blooms come in nearly every colour of the rainbow and a range of flower forms -- from daisy-like singles to more alienesque quilled types.
Bloom time: July- October
Height: Dahlia plants range in height from as low as 12 inches to as tall as 6-8 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Plant dahlia tubers in spring after all danger of frost has passed and the soil has warmed. Prepare the garden bed by using a garden fork or tiller to loosen the soil to a depth of 12 to 15 inches, then mix in a 2- to 4-inch layer of compost. Dig a hole about three times as deep as the diameter of the tuber, usually between 3 and 8 inches.
Set the tuber horizontally in the hole with the buds facing up, cover it with soil, and press firmly. Space tubers 1 to 3 feet apart, depending on the variety, and water thoroughly. Stake tall varieties at planting time, being careful not to damage tubers when installing stakes.
Sunlight: Dahlia plants grow and bloom best in full sun.
Soil: Dahlias tolerate most soil types, but prefer a sandy, well drained, slightly acidic soil with a pH of 6.2- 6.5. If your soil is heavy or clay, adding sand and peat moss will help to lighten it.
Water: Water established Dahlias thoroughly and deeply once a week. Water more frequently if it s very hot.
Temprature: Maintain a temperature in the growing medium of 70°-85°F until germination which takes from 7-21 days.
Fertilizer: Fertilizer (17 : 17 :17 ) application [ 1 g per litre of water ] has to be stared ten days after transplanting ( 30 days after sowing in case of direct sown crops). This can be repeated once in ten days. Spray 1.5 g of dittany M-45 during rainy season once in 15 days.
- To promote a compact, bushy growing habit, with more flowers, pinch back the new growth when your dahlia is about a foot high.
- If your goal is to produce massive sized flowers, remove all of the side buds at the end of each branch throughout the growing season.
- If you want your Dahlia to provide a continuous, extended flower show, you will need to remove the spent buds promptly.
- Some specimens may provide an abundance of cut flowers for the home, while others give you the opportunity to make a bold statement in your landscape by pruning, dis-budding and ultimately forcing the plant to create a few single, gigantic blooms.
- Novice Dahlia growers may want to start by selecting a few plants of varying colours, sizes and types.
- Most Dahlia gardeners will be happy to share their thoughts and experiences with you regarding their successes, failures and favourites.
- They may even be willing to share a few tubers with you.
- Once you ve grown your first crop of these beauties, you will have a much better idea of which types of Dahlias to grow in subsequent years.