Cryptanthus - Plant
a favourite of plant lovers around the world.
( 30 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Earth Stars
Color: Pinkish white flowers.
Bloom time: All year round.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Cryptanthus will root easily in potting medium. Make a small depression, insert the pup s small stem and press the mixture firmly around it. Pot no deeper than the base of the first leaf. Stake the plant if necessary to keep it from rocking back and forth. It is essential for the plant to be secure for an extra fast start and good growth. Bottom heat may speed root development in colder climates. Place the newly potted plant in a favorable location and water it as one would a mature plant.
Sunlight: For maximum color in most Cryptanthus, bright diiffused light is necessary.
Soil: The growing medium should be a loose, porous mixture.
Water: They must be kept damp for best growth. It should never be allowed to totally dry out.
Temprature: 60 to 85 degrees F
Fertilizer: Use dilute solutions, even to a quarter of the recommended strength. Any even balanced fertilizer works well (14-14-14, 10-10-10, etc.) A time-released granular fertilizer combined into the potting mix for newly planted offsets show excellent results.
- Too much light will cause bleached spots on the foliage or a leathery, stressed look to the plant.
- In extreme cases, sunburn spots or holes will occur.
- On the other extreme, weak foliage and greening of color suggests that the plant needs more light.
- Cryptanthus should always be growing as potted plants.
- They are excellent plants for terrariums.
- attractive foliage in pots, accent plants
http://www.bssf-miami.org/what-is-a-cryptanthus.htm http://www.greenpatio.com/plantdatabase/cryptanthus.shtml http://fcbs.org/cryptanthussociety/CS_CultureSheet.pdf