Costus Igneus, Insulin - Plant
( 3427 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Kostum,ninebark
Bloom time: May to June
Height: 4.00 to 5.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Choose a location in either partial sun or partial shade. Plant in partial sun in mild climates and partial shade in hot areas. Costus igneus is a plant that loves water in both soil and air. It is often planted near water. Costus are best planted in the early spring.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 28 ± 4°C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- This variety of Costus grows well as a container plant because of its clumping growth habit.
- Remove the mulch when fertilizing plants.
- Then replace the mulch.
- Divide the rhizomes with a sharp knife to propagate.
- Plant the smaller rhizomes in a new location and water well.
Mass in shrub borders. Effective as hedge, screen or for erosion control on banks. Native plant garden. Able to grow in harsh conditions.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems. Fireblight and leaf spots may occur.Reportedly has good resistance to powdery mildew.
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/ http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/ http://www.flowersofindia.net/