Chincherinchee, Ornithogalum ( Mix) - 5 Bulbs
( 219 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Chincherinchee is a perennial herb that grows to between 20cm and 50cm tall, with round bulbs that bloom in the late summer and become dormant in the winter months.
The plant has around five to seven fleshy leaves that die back after flowering and range from between 15cm and 30cm in length. The leaves are lance-shaped and smooth in texture.
Their star-shaped, bell-like flowers are very decorative and tend to be extremely fragrant, blooming individually in circles carried at the top of leafless stems.
Common name: Chincherinchee, Wonder Flower.
Color: White to ivory and yellow, sometimes tinted green or bronze at the base.
Bloom time: bloom in spring, late spring and early summer.
Height: 4 to 24 inches (10—60 cm).
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Chincherinchee should be grown in direct sunlight.
Soil: Good drainage. Rich soil.
Water: Water seldom, about once every 1-2 weeks with 1-2 glasses of water, allowing the soil to dry out for several days before watering again.
Fertilizer: Provide frequent feeds with weak fertilizer.
- Usually grown from Ornithogalum bulbs as seed grown plants will not bear flowers for at least four years.
- Bulbs: 3 to 6 inches (7.
- 5—15 cm); bury deepest in cooler regions.
- Autumn for region (1) and (2) tender bulbs, in the late spring for hardy group (3) plants.
- Space at 4 to 6 inches (10—15 cm).
- Seeds: Cover seed.
- Germination time: one to six months.
- Method 1: Seeds should first be sown into flats in the autumn.
- Sink the flat into the ground in an area that offers shade, preferably close to a wall that faces north.
- Provide a glass/plastic covering.
- Keep an eye on the flats to ensure that the soil remains moist.
- Bring the flats indoor at the beginning of spring and keep at 60°F (16°C).
- Method 2: In the spring, mix seeds in a moist growing medium, then put in flats, wrap in a large plastic bag, then stratify by refrigeration for three weeks.
- Next bury the flat as described above.
- Once seedlings emerge transplant them to their final location.
- Decorative Life: Up to 2 weeks in water alone
http://www.flowers.org.uk/flowers/flowers-names/a-d/chincherinchee/ http://www.gardenershq.com/Ornithogalum-Star-Bethlehem.php http://www.calyxflowers.com/floral-library/content/chincherinchee.aspx