Betula lenta - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: river birch
Color: brown or yellow
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 40.00 to 70.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The wood of sweet birch is medium heavy, medium hard and dark brown with a little red. Sapwood is light brown or yellow.
The wood, which tends to warp, slowly gets darker after it is exposed to air. Over time, furniture made from sweet birch looks like mahogany, and its wood is stronger than mahogany and black cherry. It takes about 150 years for sweet birch to reach a size that appeals to loggers.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Temprature: 7° C (45° F)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The inner bark of sweet birch has a strong wintergreen scent, which led to its use in the production of oil of wintergreen.
- The wintergreen produced from sweet birch is identical to that produced by the wintergreen plant
In the past, people who lived in the Appalachians cut down large numbers of sweet birches to produce oil of wintergreen.
- Around 100 saplings and young trees were needed to produce a quart of the product, which was sold to druggists to flavor candy and medicines.
- Oil of wintergreen is now produced synthetically.
Specimen or small groupings for lawns, parks and commercial properties, and, in particular, for wet soils along ponds, streams or in low spots.
- Betula lenta Cherry Birch, Sweet birch, Black Birch, Cherry Birch .
- Medicinal Uses.
- commercially in the past for production of oil
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.