Amaryllis Lily Double ( Red ) - Plant
( 189 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Color: White to deep red.
Bloom time: Mid to late summer.
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
In frost-free areas, plant the bulb with the neck at, or slightly above, ground level. In areas where some frost may occur, the bulb should be set with five or six inches of soil above it, followed by an application of four or five inches of fine mulch. Water the area thoroughly after planting.
Sunlight: Choose a site with full sun (at least 6-8 hours of direct sun daily).
Soil: Well-drained soil.
Water: Once growth starts, water only if rain is infrequent and the top two inches of soil are dry.
Temprature: In areas where temperatures do not go below 10°F (Zones 8-10) Amaryllis bulbs can be planted directly in the ground. Amaryllis like a constant temperature of around 20 degrees C.
Fertilizer: After the leaves appear, fertilize with a balanced fertilizer (such as 10-10-10); repeat once a month through April. From June through September.
- If leaves turn yellow, cut them off at the base.
- Rotate the pot frequently to prevent the flower stalks from leaning toward the light.
- The flower stalks may require support to keep from toppling.
- Flowering is initiated by a stress period of cool or dry conditions.
- The stress period must be at least 10 weeks to be effective.
- These conditions can be provided by keeping the bulbs dry during winter.
- Re-pot the bulb into fresh mixture from early to late Spring and follow the above growing instructions.
- Amaryllis make a stunning display if you cut their flower stems and place them in a sturdy vase.
- The best time to cut the flower stems is when the first bud has colored and is just ready to open.