Adenium (Black) - Plant
Also known as the desert rose.
( 64 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Desert Rose plants found at the garden shop are usually grown from seed and similar to the true species found in nature. With the right conditions, adenium obesum can be a fast growing and stunning houseplant
Common name: Desert rose
Color: Beautiful baby pink flowers
Bloom time: year round blooming plant
Height: Their foliage is generally oval-shaped and varies in size (2-7 inches). The size generally depends on the maturity of the plant and its location
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
The plant perform best in big size containers (8inh or more) or plant them on ground
Sunlight: These plants require much sunlight for proper development. If they are growing in cloudy locations, they become spindly and develop less vibrant blooms. Some species can withstand 30-50% shade and the sun can burn their foliage.
Soil: The plant needs a good quality, coarse potting mix of 65% perlite, 5% rock, 5% sand and 20% top soil with coir or a small percentage of peat. Do not add fertilizer until the plant has been in the pot for 2 to 3 months. Planting adeniums, desert rose plants, in the ground is a bit different than in pots. Make sure you put 3 inches of rock in the bottom of the hole for drainage and then use the soil as described. Remember using regular potting mixes and top soils will cause root rot!
Water: Water them 2 to 3 times a week.
Temprature: The temperature required for these plants is not more than 95 degrees F. In areas with high humidity these plants grow better, regardless of whether they are outdoors or indoors.
Fertilizer: Established adeniums do not need much care. In fact, many people never fertilize their adeniums and they grow great. Do not fertilize when flowering because it may cause the flower to drop. Dormancy. These plants require special care, especially after entering dormant periods. It is advised to move containers to dry and frost-free locations and water the plants once per month. When the spring comes, increase the amount of water, because the plant starts entering another cycle.
- Daily watering is essential only during hot summer days.
- As the flower grows in warm climates, where the temperature always remains above 50F even at night, remember to water it regularly even throughout winter months.
- This will allow the soil to dry out between watering.
- Temperature is another thing you should pay attention to.
- In case you live in a subtropical climate, you can place the plant indoors until cold weather passes.
- Adenium can also be grown outdoors in areas where the temperature never goes below 40.
- The desert rose can survive 40 degrees with little damage, but when the temperature is below 30, the plant dies.
- In winter the plant can freeze, even if it is placed in a greenhouse.
- There are a few tips on how to care for adenium in winter.
- Many people treat it like a cactus.
- Caring for adenium, water it only on warm sunny days and move it to the house, when there is a risk of frost.
Can be kept indoor in AC. The more sunlight plant get, the more flowers it blooms. The plant is very hardy, it need little care.
- Its generally keep indoor in living room and in terrace area.