Pimenta-longa - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Piper longum
Color: dark green
Bloom time: early winters
Height: 3.00 m.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plant turmeric in a light and loamy soil that is rich in organic matters. Use well-drained soil otherwise the plant will suffer.
Watering requirements are similar to ginger. Keep the soil moist throughout the growing season from spring to fall and do not hesitate to mist the foliage in dry weather to increase the humidity level around the plant.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 68-95 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Since you are growing turmeric in a pot, move the plant inside even in low-light conditions.
- Because you have to only overwinter the roots.
- It is important that when you grow turmeric indoors maintain a constant ambient temperature of approximately 64 F (18 C).
It is used as an anti-depressant and plays a protective role against Alzheimer’s disease and against different types of cancers. Turmeric powder is the most prominent ingredient in almost all kind of curry recipes, a pinch of it is used to provide pretty orange color.
- Unverified information Pippali is certainly one of the most widely used of all Ayurvedic herbs.
- It is one of the best herbs for enhancing digestion, assimilation and metabolism of the foods we eat.
- It is also highly prized for its ability to enhance assimilation and potency of herbs in a synergistic formula (this is called the Yogavahi effect).
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
http://balconygardenweb.com/growing-turmeric-in-pots-how-to-grow-turmeric-care-uses-benefits/ https://www.zizira.com/growing-piper-longum-or-long-pepper-is-like-an-insurance-cover/ http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=+Piper+longum&stpos=0&stype=AND