Lycopus virginicus - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Bugleweed.
Bloom time: mid-summer
Height: 10 to 20 inches
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
-Though a Labiate, it does not actually belong to the same genus as the British Bugles, but has certain points in common. From the perennial, creeping root, the quadrangular, smooth stem rises to a height of from 6 to 24 inches, bearing pairs of opposite leaves on short stalks, those on the upper part being toothed and lance-shaped, the lower ones wedge-shaped and with entire margins.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 0.01 oC
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Deadhead to prolong flowering.
- Maintain moderate soil moisture and fertilize lightly.
- plant will die with the first frost.
The whole herb is used. It is slightly aromatic, with a mint-like odour and is used, fresh, when in flower, for the preparation of a tincture and a fluid extract, until recent years official in the United States Pharmacopoeia. It is also used dried for making an infusion.
- Sedative, astringent and mildly narcotic.
- Used in coughs, bleeding from the lungs and consumption.
- The infusion made from 1 OZ.
- of the dried herb to 1 pint of boiling water is taken in wineglassful doses, frequently, the fluid extract in doses of 10 to 30 drops, and the dry extract, Lycopin, in doses of 1 to 4 grains.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use