Lactuca scariola - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Lactuca serriola
Color: grey green
Bloom time: July - September
Height: 2 to 6 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
This is a weed throughout temperate regions. It can hwoever be harvested and eaten, although it is somewhat bitter. Enjoys a full sun / partial sun position in your garden. Keep in mind when planting that Prickly Lettuce is thought of as hardy, so this plant will survive close to or on freezing temperatures.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
Prefers a light sandy loam in a sunny position. The wild lettuce is cultivated for the oil in its seed in Egypt. A compass plant, the top leaves align north-south.
- The plant should be used with caution, and never without the supervision of a skilled practitioner.
- Even normal doses can cause drowsiness whilst excess causes restlessness and overdoses can cause death through cardiac paralysis.
- The fixed oil from the seeds is said to possess antipyretic and hypnotic properties.
- A homeopathic remedy is made from the plant.
- It is used in the treatment of chronic catarrh, coughs, swollen liver, flatulence and ailments of the urinary tract
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.