Indian Olibanum - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Indian Olibanum, Indian frankincense,Boswellia carteri, Boswellia undulato crenata
Bloom time: January.
Height: 275-900 m
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Indian Olibanum is a deciduous tree endemic to India and has been recorded on dry hills and slopes, on gravelly soils between an altitude range of 275-900 m. It is a medium sized tree, 3-5 m tall, with ash coloured papery bark.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 10C to 14C
- flowers are borne in axillary racemes up to 10 cm long, crowded together at the end of the branches.
- Each flower has five, spreading, yellow-white petals, ten stamens (male organs) and an ovary surrounded by a fleshy disc.
- The fruit is a 3-5 angled capsule of 8-12 mm, which opens by 3-5 valves.
Medicinal plants Indian Olibanum, Indian frankincense, Salai tree or Shallaki or Kundur, Luban or Olibanum, kungilyam is botanically named Boswellia serrata.
- Extracts of Indian Olibanum have been clinically studied for osteoarthritis and joint function, particularly for osteoarthritis of the knee.
- A Boswellia extract marketed under the name Wokvel has undergone human efficacy, comparative, pharmacokinetic studies.
- Indian Olibanum is used in the manufacture of the supposed anti-wrinkle agent "Boswelox", which has been criticised as being ineffective.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep outdoor
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor / physian befor use.