Hops - Plant
( 0 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Humulus lupulus Sumner SUMMER SHANDY
Color: light yellow, or pinkish to purple
Bloom time: September to October
Height: 5.00 to 10.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Grow hops in a location that receives full, all-day sunlight and with well-drained soil. Work in a 2-inch layer of compost and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose fertilizer per plant before transplanting the hops to improve soil quality.
Plant hops roots 12 inches deep in late winter or early spring. Space the roots 3 feet apart along the base of the support. Run a heavy wire or trellis string from the top of the support down to each planted root and anchor the wire to the ground with a U-shaped garden stake.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 5°C (41°F )
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Water hops once or twice weekly, providing about 1 inch of water each time or enough so the top 12 inches of soil remains moist.
- Cover the soil with a 2-inch layer of straw or bark mulch to help retain soil moisture and prevent weeds.
Prune out the excess hops shoots when they grow to a 12-inch length so only two or three vines remain on each plant.
- Wind these shoots clockwise around the support wires until they begin to climb on their own.
‘Sumner’ is strictly an ornamental vine which features showy golden yellow foliage. It is effectively grown on trellises, pergolas, arbors and porches. Incorporate into an herb garden. Showy foliage for the rear of borders.
- Dried female hops have historically been used for its sedative effects on the central nervous system due to its methylbutenol content as a treatment for stress, anxiety and insomnia.
- Hops have been studied for anti-viral properties and anti-micro bacterial properties.
- They also contain numerous various flavonoids, and they have been studied for containing estrogen precursors as well.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
please consult appropriate doctor before use.